Skip to main content
Pandy

Pandy is a 20th century building adjacent to the site of the original fulling mill of Valle Crucis Abbey. A ditch/leet was dug (the line of which can be seen), diverting water from Nant Eglwyseg to power the mill wheel. Rental documents from 1606 refer to the fulling activities. Fulling continued after the monks left, with census records from 1841 to 1871 showing occupation by fullers.

Translate »